RBI is going to introduce two new currency notes after it introduced new 500 and 2000 rupees notes post demonetization in 8th Nov 2016. Below are the new notes and their features
Here are the features of the new Rs 50 banknote:
1. See through register with denominational numeral 50,
2. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’,
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI,
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks,
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left,
11. Swachh Bharat logo withO slogan,
12. Language panel,
13. Motif of Hampi with Chariot,
14. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari.
Source: Indian Express
Here are some features of the new Rs. 200 note:
- The new 200 rupees notes are of the size 66 mm x 146 mm.
- The base colour of the new note is bright yellow.
- After a new policy on theme-based currency, the 200-rupee notes have a motif of the Sanchi Stupa monument, depicting India's cultural heritage, besides the Ashoka Pillar emblem.
- The notes have a portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre with Rs. 200 inscribed on the note in colour-changing ink.
- There is a security thread with inscriptions 'Bharat' and RBI. The colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted.
- For the visually-impaired, the Mahatma Gandhi portrait and Ashoka Pillar emblem are raised, besides other special features.
- The new notes also have a logo of Swachh Bharat or Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "Clean India" campaign.
- The plan for Rs. 200 notes for the first time in history was cleared by the Finance Ministry; the design has reportedly been approved by the Prime Minister's Office.
- Earlier, new Rs. 2,000 and Rs. 500 notes were introduced to ease the cash crunch faced by millions across the country.
- The Rs. 200 notes will resolve problems people face because of the high-value Rs.2,000, the government says.